Home General Discussion

Pokemon GO!

Replies

• Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Are you really that sure that it's better then it's ever been; because I could present things to you that would make your head spin besides, I'd say the Renaissance period and the roaring 20's to be a period where things were good; surely not today, that's being too optimistic.

You know, I'll give you that. Those times were great for straight white rich men living in a small region of the world.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    The title of this thread is Pokemon GO. Let's keep the discussion related to the game, please.
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    do certain towns attract certain pokemon types? Im unsure how it all works, near my work just seems to be drowzees all the time hahaha
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    Joopson said:
    Are you really that sure that it's better then it's ever been; because I could present things to you that would make your head spin besides, I'd say the Renaissance period and the roaring 20's to be a period where things were good; surely not today, that's being too optimistic.

Those times were great for straight white rich men living in a small region of the world.
    What do you mean by that statement; oh I think I know what you mean, hahahaha your words explain all.
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    hehe yeah some people sure lived like kings back then, but 90% of the world had way worse lifes then now.
  • Stinger88
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stinger88 polycounter
    Ged said:
    do certain towns attract certain pokemon types? Im unsure how it all works, near my work just seems to be drowzees all the time hahaha
    I'm not sure if different towns attract different pokemon. But I do know that different areas attract varied types. In towns I see a lot of Drowzees aswell.

Go near a big rivers or the coastlines and you'll see a lot more Psyducks, Magikarp,Tentacools and the occational Dratini. I can also say that at a nearby river estuary I see other types I haven't seen anywhere else. Voltorbs, eggacutes and a lot more random Pokemon. I need to try and track where i'm finding things. Hopefully one day we'll get a map showing which areas have what, so we can actually "hunt" and not just go out blindly.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Most cities have Pokemon go groups on Facebook which will tell you where certain Pokemon spawn.
  • Zitch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zitch polycounter lvl 8
    I'm just so glad that there are so many more pokemon fans now because of this!  It's a great way to introduce the world to someone without them having to play the other games. If that's not their thing.
  • Bumblebee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bumblebee polycounter lvl 3
    anyone hook me up once trading is available. I have some decent pokemon. (hopefully pokemon trade is a thing in future updates)
  • CreativeSheep
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CreativeSheep polycounter lvl 8
    hehe yeah some people sure lived like kings back then, but 90% of the world had way worse lifes then now.
    People live like Kings today and many have bad lives the same back then; I don't see how some of you are looking at today as glorious the only solution I can come up with is being green which has another meaning.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    @CreativeSheep statistically, the world is at historically low levels of violence
  • Jonas Ronnegard
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jonas Ronnegard polycount sponsor
    People live like Kings today and many have bad lives the same back then; I don't see how some of you are looking at today as glorious the only solution I can come up with is being green which has another meaning.
    I don't think anyone is seeing everything as black or white, things can be shit today but shit was just a lot more shittier back then.