Home Marmoset

Quads Wireframe in Marmoset?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
pigferit147 polycounter lvl 7
So I want a render of my model with it's wire frame, but I can't seem to get quads. All I get is a triangulated mess. It is some how possible and some help would be real damn nice.

Replies

• vertex_
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertex_ polycounter lvl 7
    Make sure there are no n-gons in your mesh. If you're using 3ds Max, apply a Turn to Poly modifier to your mesh with Limit Polygon Size set to 4, collapse and re-export.

If the FBX exporter finds n-gons in a mesh it will automatically triangulate the mesh (might behave the same in other 3D applications).
  • pigferit147
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pigferit147 polycounter lvl 7
    vertex_ said:
    Make sure there are no n-gons in your mesh. If you're using 3ds Max, apply a Turn to Poly modifier to your mesh with Limit Polygon Size set to 4, collapse and re-export.

If the FBX exporter finds n-gons in a mesh it will automatically triangulate the mesh (might behave the same in other 3D applications).
    NGons were not the issue, I use Maya but I quadrangulated the mesh in there and re imported and it worked. Cheers dude.
  • sbstndc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sbstndc polycounter lvl 6
    So I want a render of my model with it's wire frame, but I can't seem to get quads. All I get is a triangulated mess. It is some how possible and some help would be real damn nice.

to visualize it in the marmoset editing scene, the model will look like triangles, although you export it in quads from your 3d program, however, when you export to the marmoset visualizer, the model will be back in quads, like you I exported it from the beginning. Greetings.

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toolbag supports quads and ngons, but you need to make sure that you're exporting them from your 3D. Your export settings may default to triangles.
  • AlexGabriel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlexGabriel polycounter lvl 11
    vertex_ said:

maybe your advice didn't work for OP, but it surely worked for me! kudos to you my friend.