Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Charles Thomas

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
KanjiTattoo polycounter lvl 7
Hello.  I've been around 3D and game development for quite some time but am now at the point where I'm deciding what I really want to focus on.  Also have struggled with the perfectionist demon for too long and am starting to win.  Most of what I post here will be sketches and WIP but critiques are always welcome at any stage of development.

Right now I'm focused on ZBrush for 3D and Sketchbook Pro for 2D.

Replies

• KanjiTattoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Trying to get the hang of quickly creating stylized cartoon characters in ZBrush.  This is one of the first that I've started to like.  Just figured out the hair last night.  I started out trying to use the Curve Strap brush for hair but eventually found that I like masking out the hairline on the head, extracting that and then sculpting from there as a dynamesh.

I've been inspired by the tutorials and work of Steve James.   Will probably add more detail to the hair, as well as a body.  My end goal is to make scenes.  Along the way I'll post characters and objects for the scenes.  Right now I'm working on the scenes in ZBrush as well.

• KanjiTattoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Starting to block out a scene in ZBrush.  Still a long way to go and will replace the mannequins with figures.  Experimenting with nanomesh for the railing, looks like it needs to be adjusted a bit.