Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Duplicate texture map in a material?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
I have a set of smart materials that i'd like to add another texture map to and if possible have that new texture map start as a copy of one of the existing, then i'd do some modifications on it, basically to save some time. It is possible at the moment, if so, how?

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You can right-click on any layer (not groups yet, but soon) and select Duplicate. If you need a second copy of the Smart Material, you can simply add it back in again. :)
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    What i meant is, for example,  i have specular and gloss configured in a set of smart materials and i want another one, derivated from the gloss map with some modifications.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean there. Can you give me a few more details?
  • Borx25
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Borx25 polycounter lvl 7
    I'm working with albedo, spec, gloss and normal maps and I've made a bunch of smart materials and configured the values on these maps. Now I'd like to add an extra map to the list and resave the smart material so that it knows what to do in that map in the rest of the assets. There is the "add custom map" button which works fine, but to save some work i'd like to have that new map start with the values of gloss map since they will be similar for the most part, basically because there are quite a lot of layers, so something like "duplicate active map" would be great.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Ah, I see what you mean now. That's not currently possible as each new map starts off with default values based on the materials loaded into DDO. I can pass this along to our developers as a potential feature request, though!