Home Marmoset

How to showcase opacity maps?

christopheduron
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
christopheduron polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys,

I've created a helmet that i'd like to showcase using marmoset toolbag soon (need to tweak a few more things). So far i have this as a result, but i'd like a better way to render opacity maps instead of the 'dither' option. Is that possible somehow?

And maybe a small different question. Is there any advanced render options in this program? perhaps you can install them with plugins? Right now the only thing that helps me to render my helmet out is the resolution and anti aliasing option. No fancy lighting or emmisive map options?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi, I'm not sure if you meant to post an image, but it didn't show up. The transparency options are covered in detail here: http://www.marmoset.co/toolbag/learn/glass

You can add emmisive maps and various other texture types in the material editor, scroll down to emmisive, there are a few different types.

The render options are in the render tab. There are no plugins for additional rendering options at this time.
  • christopheduron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    christopheduron polycounter lvl 2
    Okay so there just aren't too many render options. I was trying to get my emissive maps to have some kind of lens glare aswel. Thanks for the info, the tutorial looks very useful!
  • EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay so there just aren't too many render options. I was trying to get my emissive maps to have some kind of lens glare aswel. Thanks for the info, the tutorial looks very useful!
    To get emissive to glow, try bloom in the camera post effects options. If you make the emissive very bright, you only need a low bloom value (so the rest of the stuff won't bloom out too).