Home Technical Talk

[3DSMAX 2016] How would I make bones as biped or Rig my own biped?

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Vauun vertex
So I wanna do animating with 3dsmax, using a existing rig from the standard c_arms/c_arms_citizen.

I want to be able to experiment and make animations for a ghost rider melee mod I'm making so far I've gotten base down.

I had a friend that was using bipeds as a rig they had gotten from some one. I've heard the workflow with biped are quite nice and i would love to have a crack at it.

For the rig I have I want to be able to preserver the information and animations i made so i can export it back with the original rig. Now i personally don't know to much about this but if any body can point me toward the right direction or give me information on how to create or convert the rig i have as biped and be able to export it out with these new animations i would be grateful!!! Because right now i'm struggling with this!

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Biped is its own particular system, so converting animation from another rig into Biped will probably be difficult. I think you would need to export your bones animation as a motion capture animation? Then import that into the Biped? Sorry, I'm not an animator.

I do know you can edit the visual appearance of the bones in the Biped skeleton. They're just meshes, so you can use the Modifier Stack to edit them, replace with different meshes, etc.
  • Vauun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vauun vertex
    Biped is its own particular system, so converting animation from another rig into Biped will probably be difficult. I think you would need to export your bones animation as a motion capture animation? Then import that into the Biped? Sorry, I'm not an animator.

I do know you can edit the visual appearance of the bones in the Biped skeleton. They're just meshes, so you can use the Modifier Stack to edit them, replace with different meshes, etc.
    Thanks for the reply! I'll just keep searching or learn to rig my own