Home Technical Talk

Zbrush: pixelation problem or poly problem?

polygon
Offline / Send Message
yukonwanderer polygon
I did this really quick while trying out my zbrush trial (first model ever, please ignore the atrocious attempt at facial hair and anatomical mistakes).  I don't know how to fix the pixelated look of this.  I tried upping the resolution which didn't fix the edges.  I also tried the dynamesh feature (well...I forget what it's called now, but it redistributes the polys around - I think you guys will know what I mean).  Neither worked.  It makes it hard to get the crisp modeling details in there like wrinkles.  Could it be because I'm away from home and forced to use a crappy laptop?  ie. a graphics card issue?  No point in listing computer specs, believe me it's not good at all.  

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Tap the '0' (zero) key and see if that makes a difference
  • yukonwanderer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yukonwanderer polygon
    @cryrid  yep that does it.  Thanks!  Man, zbrush has one of the most counterintuitive weird zoom space/flows of any program I've used.  
  • cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    It's very similar to photoshop. Rather than having a full 3d environment that a camera flies through, you have a static 'camera' looking at a 2d document with a 3d model floating on top of it. You're not moving the camera around the object, you're moving the object around in front of the camera. 

One set of controls will pan or zoom in on the viewport document, which is just a grid of pixels. This means that when you zoom in, the pixels will get noticeable. Another set of controls moves the model independent of the document.