Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Work in progress - Combo Attack

EVernier
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
EVernier polycounter lvl 8
Hey, I've been working on a combo attack and I also wanted to work on animating a better feeling of weight. Let me know if you have any feedback. 
http://www.syncsketch.com/playground/86968744619946c4af7b2ba1240afa01

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    Pretty good man, I can tell you've got some experience at animating. I made some annotations on your video. But just to outline things I would consider changing.
    • Lower the body before the attack, this will add power to the lunge. This mixed with raising the body on the lunge and lowering again when landing will give the weight you seek.
    • The leg work is a little slow and linear. On the initial lunge you can lift the leading leg off the ground and keep the knee facing forward. And have the feet in place a little sooner to avoid the awkward shuffle at frame 54.
    • There is a hitch in the sword swing around frame 50. Try using an Euler filter to fix gimbal lock issues. Keep the motion arc smooth.
    • It's a little odd that sword momentum pauses then she smashes it into the ground. I think it should be all part of one swinging motion.
    • I'm pretty sure this is just the first animation in a sequence, but I try to keep a balanced pose at the end of each attack (assuming this is for a game, if not ignore). Right now frame 75 is a little off balance and the head is tilted way to much.
  • EVernier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EVernier polycounter lvl 8
    Awesome, thank you for the feedback and the corrections on syncsketch. I'll post an update when I've worked on what you pointed out.