Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Frustration in following Tutorial - DDo Painter Material Primer

hawkenfox
null
Right at the start of the tutorial. At time 0:34 the tutorial start of with "to create a basic material click this button" ... But wait how to I see that interface on screen. You cannot expect your new user to know how to get to that UI interface ... your tutorial need to be as step by step as it can be. In good details.

My screen looks like this ...

Whereas the tutorial started with this screen...

Making tutorial difficult to follow is not profitable for any business model. Please rethink. May sound like I am whining but really it's only good for your business to be clearer than crystal.

AFTER SOMETIME ...
I found out that I have a bunch of files to download and load those projects into DDo to begin the tutorial at the same starting point as the video.

AFTER AWHILE MORE ...
The interface is not difficult to learn at all. Very similar to photoshop, wished the tutorials were clearer and slower. Would have taken less effort to follow. Anyways ... my first attempt.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Ah, yes! You'll definitely need to click the Get Project Files button on the tutorial page before you're able to proceed. The Base Creator shows up for you because you have nothing loaded yet.

Interesting rust material! Let us know if we can do anything for you going forward, please. :)