Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: AllisonBarraza

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
AllisonBarraza polycounter lvl 3
Hey, everyone!

I really wanted to try and improve whatever skills I have (and build skills I could someday have) in 3d animation after a long period of stagnation, so I decided months ago to go back to school at Animation Mentor. This is my progress reel from class 1: Animation Basics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yC3tnGQsaKM

The order is personality walk (3/4, side, front), vanilla walk, ball with tail, pendulum, light and heavy ball bounce, normal ball bounce, and then all the various poses we made throughout the term. Aside from the mistakes I already see in my animations themselves, I also plan on rendering my assignments a bit nicer for the progress reels in the coming terms. That's not the focus of the class, so it'll be a basic job, but it's nice to see the finishing touches.

I'm here to learn and hope very much for critique if people are willing to give it; I probably won't be applying it to these specific clips, but I'm fairly certain I'll be re-attempting these assignments in the future, so any critique will definitely be applied to that, as well as being noted for other work as I go forward.

Cheers!

Replies