Home Unity

Delay using bone and cache animation

Jcmc
null
Offline / Send Message
Jcmc null
Hi, so i have two animations, one for the body that is a bone animation and one for the cloth that is a (point or maya or alembic) cache animation they both work in Unity but the cache animation has a little delay and i cant figure out why.  I need the two animation to be perfectly synchronised and I dont understand where the delay comes from.

Replies

• MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    It could be caused by animation compression since the cache animation is most likely very keyframe heavy.
    Check your animation import settings for "Anim. Compression" and set that to off
  • Jcmc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jcmc null
    I use megafiers for the cache animation and there is no import settings is there a other way to play cache animation in unity?
  • MikeF
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    Ah sorry, i assumed you had baked the simulation to joints within maya. I'm not familiar with the megafiers plugin.

I'm not sure how complex your cloth object is, but if its something like a cape or long coat then you should be able to create a simple joint setup then bind them to your simulation. Then you can use the bake simulation option on the joints to transfer that motion into keyframes and import into unity
  • Jcmc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jcmc null
    It's a complex cloth simulation made in marvelous designer so i can't  bake the animation to joints exept if i use a script that create a joint for each vertex and bake the animation on every joints but i tried and well its to big so maya keeps crashing ^^ the thing that works is the cache animation and i tried it in real time and it works the only thing is that realy small delay that makes the two animations not sync. I tried the alembic cache with both animation its pretty heavy but it works the only thing is that it completly destroyed all my UV's and separated the mesh in multiple meshes(even with the UV write box enable).
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Most game devs end up using MikeF's method, because cache anims are too expensive. So you just make do with the loss of detail.