polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Nerono polycounter lvl 5

Replies

• ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    The realism is going to come from the textures and material, the model can be quite simple. Don't over think it.
  • Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    ZacD said:
    The realism is going to come from the textures and material, the model can be quite simple. Don't over think it.
    Should the leaf parts be just as part of the texture of the whole tea bag?
  • Segreto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Segreto polycount sponsor
    Yeah, it'd all just be part of the texture. The material isn't translucent enough to warrant trying to model the tea leaves in the bag. You can sell the illusion that there's depth in there with the texture.
  • JordanN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JordanN interpolator
    I'm different but I would try to model the leaves separately.  You would get the benefit of more occlusion and added depth (i.e the tea bag fabric running over the leaves instead of overlapping it). Especially if you have a model like this.

• Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    JordanN said:
    I'm different but I would try to model the leaves separately.  You would get the benefit of more occlusion and added depth (i.e the tea bag fabric running over the leaves instead of overlapping it). Especially if you have a model like this.

planes with textures?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This thread belongs in Technical Talk not General Discussion. Moving it there for you.
  • Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    This thread belongs in Technical Talk not General Discussion. Moving it there for you.
    Thank you very much! :)
  • Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    There's nothing really special about teabags, but if you want to make the material translucent like a piece of paper, you can use translucency or sub surface scattering depending on the engine. Just mask out the tea filled part. If there's something specific your having issues with, explain what it is.  I made this in 10 minutes, don't make it more complicated than it actually is. 

• Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    ZacD said:
    There's nothing really special about teabags, but if you want to make the material translucent like a piece of paper, you can use translucency or sub surface scattering depending on the engine. Just mask out the tea filled part. If there's something specific your having issues with, explain what it is.  I made this in 10 minutes, don't make it more complicated than it actually is. 

Thank you for the feedback, I wanted leafs to separately float inside the bag, my main object in the composition is the tea cup with a tea bag inside it, I wanted to see some movement of the leafs in the liquid