Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Questions about custom materials, and some other bits.

StevenTB
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
StevenTB polycounter lvl 7
Hey guys.

Now that I am a little more comfortable with PBR and Quixel I want to get into making a few more custom materials, I would like to delete my experiments and frankly bad custom materials. Is it a case of finding where they are saved and deleting all the relevant files?

I also noticed when trying to find them that the materials are not saved in the Quixel base folder(I have install Quixel on a different drive from C) but in some 'AppData/Roaming' folder. Is this normal? Is AppData the myDocuments of windows10?

What is the Width setting on the custom materials creation window? I assume it is used to set the texel density of the material, but it doesn't seem to affect anything(Maybe because I have texel density set to auto in my project?)

Not sure if you would be into doing a workflow tutorial/primer/tricks n tips on creating good/accurate PBR custom materials from photo sourced textures, but I would love to see how you chaps go about creating materials.

And as an aside, I have found since updating to 2.2 that 3Do does not show anything I do with nDo. Whether I am converting a selection to normal, or setting up an nDo project, 3Do is always just the default cube with no normal info.

Cheers!

Replies