Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: New to Quixel, some Questions

cj31387
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
cj31387 polycounter lvl 5
I want to make textures without meshes at the moment, I'm using ndo 2 to make the basic shapes of the textures, but then when i create diffuse ao and other maps for it in 3do. How am i supposed to do the diffuse? I tried using the smart materials or the materials and they are all way too tiled, the scale button isn't there and i don't know how I'm supposed to use the smart materials correctly when creating textures from ndo 2. I have adobe Photoshop cc at the moment.

The workflow I'd like is to make a sci fi wall or something in ndo then create diffuse spec and ao then use smart materials as base textures over the diffuse and overlay. Is this possible or no?

Also a question about 3d texturing.
I tried to import one of my 3d models i made and bake out all the ao and normals and stuff inside 3do but while it was doing it my graphics card shut off and restarted, is there a way to run the baking on my cpu? I have a gtx 780 and the latest Nvidia drivers, I eventually got a black screen and had to manually power off my computer and restart it.
Edit: My 3d model wasnt uvw mapped btw i dont know if that could have caused the problem or not. I've been using a 3d modeling workflow where i select polys and give them a different material id and color and then export that out as fbx without a uvw map, its really great for flat shaded style, but i was just testing that model to see if i could give it a slight hand painted style based on the material ids.

Replies