Home Quixel Megascans

Solved: Height Maps are Blank

owaaan
null
Offline / Send Message
owaaan null
I installed 2.2.0 and the height maps are showing up blank. The other maps seems to be working fine. Here's the normal map I'm using:

Replies

• phillnash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    phillnash null
    Quixel does not generate high maps for you, I'd recommend using njob to generate them.
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You can use NDO to convert normal maps to height maps - it's in the NDO menu --> Convert Maps menu selection.
  • owaaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    owaaan null
    Ah man I know. I was obviously using Ndo. Where do I report issues associated with Ndo?
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Here, if you'd like!

I'm not sure what the issue is, though. Are you creating a height map and having a normal map returned to you? If that's the case, you're probably selecting Height (Hard Surface), which requires NDO layers - e.g. the normal map was built in NDO instead of being converted. Without NDO layer information, there's no current way to build a hard surface height map. The Height (All-Round) function should work for any texture, however. Give that a shot and let me know if it works!
  • owaaan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    owaaan null
    It was the all-round option that wasn't working. I've worked out what was happening though. The slider options were not showing up for height maps. The image was 'blank' only because the detail slider was right at the bottom and I couldn't access it to change the value. Restarting photoshop fixed whatever was preventing the UI from showing up when generating an all-round height map. It works now :)