Home Adobe Substance

Exposing Blendmodes to Painter/Player

triangle
Offline / Send Message
AshuraDX triangle
I'M working at a substance material that converts PBR materials to soemthing that works in an old idtech3 game, I exposed the blendmode of a blend node in substance designer, but outside of designer the input parameter simply won't show up. I'm guessing that exposed blendmodes only work inside Substance Designer?

here's the input parameter I set up:

I have a work around using multiple blend ndes and a multiswitch, but that's not the solution I'd like to have even though it works for now

Replies

• Froyok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Froyok greentooth
    AshuraDX said:
    I'm guessing that exposed blendmodes only work inside Substance Designer?

That's right, tweaking the blend mode of a blend node is only possible inside Designer, once your substance is cooked it becomes frozen to the current value. The same applies for some specific parameters, such as the crop areas of the blend node. You current "workaround" is actually the only solution here.
  • AshuraDX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AshuraDX triangle
    Froyok said:
    AshuraDX said:
    I'm guessing that exposed blendmodes only work inside Substance Designer?

That's right, tweaking the blend mode of a blend node is only possible inside Designer, once your substance is cooked it becomes frozen to the current value. The same applies for some specific parameters, such as the crop areas of the blend node. You current "workaround" is actually the only solution here.
    I see, so I just have to accept the extra clutter in my graph or compress that in a extra substance - Thanks for clearing that up!