Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | MP-9 L Ron Starship Tomorrow

Hey!  Me and Chemical Alia are doin' a more material based, gunsmith sci fi gun!  I like the rounded contours from these 70's concept illustrations, and the pockets of complexity hidden inside the plating is cool.  I also think that predominantly monochromatic works really well for a mil-spec gun.  Here's the concept, I'm gonna go work on some stuffs now!

Current Progress WIP:

CONCEPT:

Replies

• ifrostbite7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ifrostbite7 triangle
    Nice! I was originally going to do something in this colour scheme but ran out of time! Something I could suggest you to try is a retro rainbow stripe to add the 70s/80s feel to it. Like in this image. Interested to see how this turns out.
  • Drywall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the reply Frostbite!  I thought about those sorts of stripes, I'm personally not a fan of the rainbow colors though.  I was a child of the 80s, and even then I was like "lol that's a little much."

Seems like I gotta get moving!  This is a wip from a day ago.  Since that point, I've decided to add more lights and interesting bits.  I"ve gotta figure out more to do on the butt of the gun, and clean the hell out of stuff.

This is the current wip.  

Gonna work on it a while today, see wtf can be done!  Hopefully I'll get it in game and spec map test tonight.  I'll post another wip tonight, and tomorrow handle promotion and final submission!
  • ifrostbite7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ifrostbite7 triangle
    The cream wear is a nice touch. Helps it suit 70s/80s very well.
  • Drywall
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks again Frostbite!  

Finished up the submission!  Onward, to the future!  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693784460
    Beauty image

Concept image:

Diffuse map (original content do not steal =P)

Presentation shot