Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP: Beretta BM 59 Para.

Stenofo
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Stenofo polycounter lvl 2
Hello everybody.
I decided to start this self teaching project to get familiar with both a real time assett pipeline and Substance Painter. 

-The goal: a real time wepon, let's say 3,5/5 k triangles. I get that players and enemies get different resolution props, I aim for a non-player weapon. Textures are going to be 2048's.
I have no experience with this kind of game art (and I made like half a dozen weapons in my life), so please feel free to let me know if these specifics are too out of date or.. Whatever you think.

-The subject: I decided it's better to start with something simpler than modern rifles. The BM 59 Para was a Beretta made, automatic fire capable M1 Garand. The version I chose is the paratrooper one:

What I got so far:

I started with a high res subdivision version. The barrell is polygonal, probably I'll remake it.
(Even if for now I'm not showing much, is the image resolution enough? And Yes, I realized the pistol grip side shape isn't correct..)
Also, can anybody share what's a reasonable timeframe to make such a prop when in production? Not that I'm going to finish in record time..
More tomorrow .

Replies