Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Blaster rifle - WIP

version 1.5

Inspired by the E11 Blaster rifle used by stormtroopers in Star Wars.

Probably best in-game with a Wear value between 0.06-0.80.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=690972485

Replies

• Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Works with your Star Wars ref so far. I think I might like to see some more detailing in the texture. Bevels, machine lines, stuff like that.
  • dbmangs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Firstly, thank you for your feedback. I thought about doing a koch's snowflake in a circle to look like the empire symbol, but then I decieded to go really clean. What do yu mean with bevels and machine lines? I'm really new to this. First time using photoshop and my first skin.
  • Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Oooooo well glad you're learning some new skills :). By bevels and edge lines I mean drawing lines to make it look like there's more parts and plating. Not just what is already modeled in. I know this is an extreme example but they did a good job.

See how @Millenia added in all kinds of details in there to look like part of the weapon, though they aren't in the normal map or in the geometry of the model. By adding all the lines, add highlights and shadows to the tops and bottom of your lines to give them some depth like there is more panels and pieces to the model. Understand now? :)

• dbmangs
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Roger. Thank you again, now I really understand what you meant. I'll give it a try and will post my progress here. It will probably not before end of competition, but I'm working on it!