Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Parasitic Growth ( AK-47 )

triangle
Offline / Send Message
Primrose~ triangle
Hey everyone! Working on another skin, this time I'm working with a long time workshopper and friend of mine, Sparkwire! Been easing him into doing more skins for the game, and this competition seemed like a good time to work together on something! He'll be doing the sculpting and baking of the skin, while I'll do the primary texturing! We volley-balled a concept back and forth, I'll show you all that now! 

The concept is built around the general idea of a space alien like John Carpenters "The Thing", something that takes on the appearance of things to blend in with other societies, but, we can't just make it the thing, and we can't make it purely a visual reference to The Thing, or else we're breaking the rule of "No References to other IP's". Gotta make a skin that services itself and not something else, y'know? Anyway, another blabbing, here's the concept so far!

First draft was much more 'Thing' like, was quickly axed with a less infringey paintover from Spark

which soon became

which then evolved into a more refined and sophisticated / readable version of the same concept

along with this, I did two different accompanying images so it's easier to translate to a three dimensional space and subsequent bake
  and a close up of some super simplified greebles!

Alrighty! That's everything so far. We'd both love to hear some suggestions and potential criticism below! This should be a really fun one to do, should end up great!

Replies