Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | AWP Nano

Hi guys! This is my very first entry and very first skin ever. I'm pretty excited to show you all what I made for this contest.
These are my reference pictures:

I absolutely loved the colors so I made a color scheme I wanted to stick to, this is the result:

I was so excited to start, I forgot to save my progress too many times. That's why I don't have that many screenshots. But here I present to you the progress for the AWP skin I made. 

Gradients and base colors!

Adding the details; figuring out how this UV sheet works... (this is also my first time texturing a 3D object!)

Adding more and more details, changing, editing, cleaning and editing the UV sheet. Almost gave up at this part, but I kept going!

And last but not least, the result in 3D view in Photoshop CC. 

This is where I had trouble uploading the skin in the workbench.
What it looks like in the workbench:

As you can see, the scope and everything else isn't textured. Too bad, I tried looking it up and figuring out what the problem was, but I couldn't find anything what could point out the problem so I could solve it. 

Asking friends and teachers what they thought of it when it looked like this in this way, we all decided this was also a good skin. Even though half of my texture isn't visible or something, I still love it.

Thank you for reading! This is the link to the Steam Workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=687355099
Please leave some feedback and if you like my design, make sure to vote up!

I am currently working on a Desert Eagle skin, I will keep y'all updated about it!

Love, themedicine

Replies

• Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Do you have the texture set to Custom Paint Job? If it's using another type, that might be why it's not added. Also make sure the ignore size checkbox is checked. And all your offsets and rotations are zeroed out.
  • themedicine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9thKnight said:
    Do you have the texture set to Custom Paint Job? If it's using another type, that might be why it's not added. Also make sure the ignore size checkbox is checked. And all your offsets and rotations are zeroed out.
    Yes, I tried every single one of them and even Patina didn't work. Everything is set on 0 and I can't find anything else besides my messy alpha channels in Photoshop. I'll look into that when I'm making another AWP skin in the future. Thanks for your help!
  • Crunky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Crunky null
    Are you sure you did the alpha channels properly? Cos that's the way to get your skin onto the scope and the mag. The parts where you want to have paint should be black in the alpha channel, anything else should be grey. If its white it wont show up on the gun. Hope this helps!