Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Unit 18 Throne room

Our idea is to produce an Unreal Engine throne room environment inspired by the Medieval time period, taking inspiration from buildings and objects from that era of time. This floor plan shows the layout and specifics of the potential Throne Room, locating points of interest and assets within the room.

This sketch shows what the interior could potentially look like.
And these are two potential throne designs.
And here are some assets that could populate the room,

Replies

• Alex_JWarren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    These are our collective Pintrest boards that we have made in order to work with when making the throne room

• Alex_JWarren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lastly this is the progress of the throne room, firstly this part of the modeling was done in 3DS Max.

At this point I wanted to see what it would look like in Unreal for scale and lighting
    after testing this I added some details to the room
    this is the last of the 3DS Max work 
    I then added the assets made by Jack and McCaulee 
    Lighting was added roughly so that we could determine the intensity of the lighting.
    After testing all the things like lighting and scale I textured the room with help from McCaulee and Jack in deciding what textures to use, We also had help from Spencer in making the room a lot bigger to give it a huge throne room feel. I also had some help from Josh in making the torch fire.
  • Josh98012
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Josh Bevin – "The Throne Room is built to a high standard, and the group has provided a lot of research into the ideas behind the room. The Pinterest boards and sketches show that there was a great amount of consideration that has gone into the Throne Room. The lighting and texturing within the Throne Room is exceptional; the lighting really gives off an uneasy atmosphere."

Nathan Glover - "the throne room is to a good standard and I like the textures and models the team has used. However, I believe there could have been a higher level of consideration with the interior of the room as the room looks quite bare. Overall, the throne room is good and I like it."
  • Harrist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The theme is very interesting and the planned/final assets relate really well and work well with the desired tone.I really like the pillars lined with the room,  and the lighting is very effective in producing  a dark/evil tone. The inclusion of assets such as torches (lighting), doors, and tables etc. Add to amount of overall detail given. The only criticism I would have however is the throne, in my opinion the overall experimentation of the room is explored in every place apart from the throne. I felt more ideas/effects could have been made for this. But apart form that, this is a very creative, and well made 3D environment.
  • Alpacasaurus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This is a slightly simple yet effective design for a throne room. It conveys all the necessary elements, including the throne itself. The way you have displayed the throne on top of a set of stairs makes it appear more important and stand out within the room. In terms of improvements, I would suggest possibly adding decorations to the wall, possibly metalwork with fine details, just to accentuate the regality.