Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Re-Importing mesh with new Groups

BLUESurfer
null
Hi there!

I've been working on a 3D model that has 4 different groups ( Head, Arms, Weapon, Body...) every one of this groups it's correctly recognized by DDO (with their ID maps, their normal maps made in NDO, the AO map....)  and I've been working flawessly with them for almost a week. 

But today I added to the base mesh a completely new group (a Helmet for the character) and exported the new .obj with the 5 different groups. I re imported it on DDO (with Re-Import Mesh option) and I can see the right model on 3DO... with the new geometry, the fith group, in grey... witohout material. I can see the right model but DDO doesn't notice that has a new geometry group... it is showing the old 4 groups and is not recognizing the new one.

Any idea on how to, in the middle of a work in progress, re import the mesh with new groups and keep working on it?

Thanks!

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    You won't be able to add groups yet - that's a feature that may be coming down the pipe eventually.

The only workaround that I can think of currently is to export your textures out, create a new project just for the new group by itself, then reimport the mesh with all of the groups into 3DO and load the textures for each group so you can see all of them simultaneously.