Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | AWP - Xeno (WIP)

Heyo everyone. So I started to work on an idea I had. Although I am not the best at drawing, I will still try to do my best. I tried asking my friend for help as he is better than me, but he is busy so I will have to try myself. I really want to get this out there but I am not sure if I can finish it or not.
I guess the tricky part will be to get the xeno to look as different as possible from the placeholder I made in SFM. In the end it should look a lot different from the picture below, but will it still count as a reference to another IP if it has some features of a traditional xenomorph?
I don't really think I stand a chance in this competition, but it will help me quite a bit with my art skills

Anyway, I started with a 3D model of a Xenomorph from Alien in SFM and posed it/added lighting to use as a placeholder. I did it to get a sense of scale and honestly I am not the best at coming up with creature designs from scratch.   

I am going to change a lot on it. So I started of by drawing the head. I am not sure about the colour yet, but I did want to go with a purple'ish colour. I am thinking of removing the pipe things on his back and making them to something of my very own design, same with the tail. Well the plan is to change it a lot overall, but for now the plan is to do something about the pipes and tail.
I am not sure how this idea will turn out, but I really want it to turn out like I want.

I am thinking of having some "eggs" or something at the back of the weapon with some eerie light or something similiar. Not sure about the "background" yet.

Well as it looks right now I am trying to go for a traditional xeno look but also have a bit of a more modern "spiky" alien, like the zergs in Starcraft. Not sure how I would pull that of but I will use this as inspiration:

Started working on alterting the xeno's head a lot. It's tricky but I think I came up with something decent. Already looks different from the placeholder. But is it enough? As of right now it doesn't look very 70's/80's sci-fi. Looks way more modern with the spiky look. Obviously the colours will help a lot with this... Would help with some feedback though.

I did a very quick example of how I was thinking. EVERYTHING is still a WIP and will not look at this at all. The example is not that good but it shows what I am thinking. Basically in the back I am thinking some eggs with some eerie glow and fog, background be something kind of dark, and the Xeno to have a purple'ish-pink colour to it with some light from the right side to be reflected on it. I guess it will depend a lot on the background
Not sure if the idea is good or if it will even qualify considering I am walking on thin ice with the resemblance to the traditional xenomorph (right now atleast)

I will probably wait a bit and wait for feedback before I do anything else

Replies