Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Lunar

For this one I want to make something I could see as a prop gun. But keep it stylistically fitting for the CSGO environment. So it's got to be gritty, but clean.

Some inspiration images to kick me off.

Here's an early outline for the direction I'm going. Clean shapes to start with, detail later.

Replies

• flisky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a bit more work defining the structure. not too sure on the colour scheme. i think it's a bit too bright to be mil-spec.

• flisky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    as mentioned previously I wasn't digging the colour scheme. So I've made some adjustments and started on details. I've adde the grill/vent and lights in to bring it more in line with the sci-fi theme. 

I ended up pushing forward and started adding the details in. Ive added some branding, some barrel vents with a bit of burn, depth to the panelling, 
     Really liking this now. Had a bit of a look in game and it's really suiting the game environment while maintaining that 80s sci-fi vibe.

I think I'm down to the finishing touches in the UV layout now.
  • flisky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tidying up of the UV. This includes fixing things that don't project correctly, adding new elements (magazine details, additional shading) as well as fix up the alpha channel to save required details when the weapon is battle scarred.

Weapon wear test. Retains the grip and blue lighting. I am happy. I've also worked on a logo to accompany the workshop presentation.

I'll post the finished art and link in a couple of hours after some teeny tiny (probably insignificant) tweaks to make it perfect!
  • flisky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Final gun! Submitted on the workshop here.