Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

First Animation - The Creature "Worm"

null
Offline / Send Message
Eishin null
Hi, I've working on this for weeks, it's my first time doing riggs and skinning and of course the animation. I'm going to upload more animations, but I need feedback about everything hahaha. So this is my first Walking Cycle.

Walking Cycle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4DQALNMrvQ
Attack https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roqzJZHI2Is

Replies

• slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Your camera / turn table is making it impossible to critique your actual work. Ditch the camera.
  • Connecta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Connecta polycounter lvl 7
    Ah, yeah, what Slipsius said... skip the camera. And maybe brighten the scene up a bit? And perhaps change the background color to the basic grey (a bit more easy on the eyes)
  • Eishin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eishin null
    Thanks for the tips, I got a new version of the video so you can see the animations clearly.
  • Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Hello Eishin,

Have a couple of notes for you:
    - The presentation is helping a lot now.
    - To me , the motion of the body feels right by now. I just suggest that you rotate his body a little bit to the sides since now he is just walking and rotating in just 1 axis.
    - With my last note I would suggest you offset the movement of the legs , right now they seem to do the same movement at the same time from each side, Maybe try to offset them by 1 frame or even try 2 frames to see how it looks. ( this will help to where rotate the body in each "stride")
    - The overlap on the "horns" feels weird because all of them are reacting at the same time and the same amount , and I think they should be the opposite rotation that you have it right now (try to look them like if they were some sort of squirrel tail foundation)
    - The tail is moving a lot , try to tone it down :) right now it feels a little too much. You could have the same movement but less translation/rotation.
    - His back "arms" just translate forward and backwards , try to make a little arc on it to try to avoid that robbotic feel.
    - I quite don't get the shakiness of the front arms/legs , if he/she is stomping the ground to advance it would of been really difficult to shake the hands in the ground since that is giving him some power to go forward. I could be wrong

Hope they help :) and just take what it helps you
    Good work! :D