Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | AWP Beacon [WIP]

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Emkay polycounter lvl 5
Hey!

Even though I had an account here for some time it's finally my first time posting.
For those not knowing me, I'm doing stuff for the CS:GO Workshop since 2013 and I already have finishes ingame (Redline).

Going through the other submissions and seeing alot of really flashy finishes, I decided to go in a different direction and seeking inspirations somewhere else.
So I decided to do a heavily dune(film) inspired, simplistic artwork for my gun.

IMO AWP was the perfect fit for what I had in mind. The long but narrow form of the AWP is perfect for landscapes and it being selected for the restricted category, the rather subtle colors I had in mind for the main body were fitting.
I think adding blue accents to the complimentary yellow/orange/brown brings in a bit of diversity and keeps it from being too monotonous (and obviously fits the dune style ;)).

I already started but I still want to show you the process so far:
I started with just a basic gradient and the ground. I wanted to make the design fading into space as the gradient goes up:

Added some background mountains and stars on the scope:
;

Here I added a strong glow in the background and a weak glow in front of the mountains. I played around with blue elements.
Also, I added a slight grain behind the mountains, which fades out as it goes up.
I separated most of the barrel with a slightly darker, solid color and added a bit of a sandsnake hint (didn't want to make it too obvious):

Close up so far:
;

Feedback is much appreciated!

I will keep updating as I progress.

Replies