Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | AK-47 Flynn's Choice aka AK-Tron

Hello fellow artists,

now it's my turn to present my entry for the running CSGO-contest.
Let me start off with a little moodsheet and the basic idea:

So, as you might have guessed, the main idea will be the blue lines and an overall dark skins with bright highlights. In my eyes we already have enough handdrawn sketches put on a weapon. So I try to keep the whole thing abstract. Only abstract design with a reference to the old and new Tronmovie. I plan on coating the body with a hexagonpattern and fully design every little screw and part that is needed to make this one look as great and professional as possible. Also I want to "steal" the basic idea of the blue tinted wood from the Blue Lamiante. Though the original texture and design is really bad in my eyes... I will make a "plastified" woodgrip, so basically a woodtexture, that looks like it has been coated with hardplastic.

As a small reference I want to include a similar design I made a while back for a glock (I never published it on the workshop or anywhere else):

The glock would probably be nice for a restricted or even classified skin, but the AK will coe with a full design and much more work and thought put into it.

I will post a fast render later this day, actually I have already put ALOT of work on the skin and it is close to be finished actually. I wanna finish the basic design and then post some screens before I start ding to final polish, adding all the small details.

SidMachinery

Replies