Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First Two Models

Fweddy
vertex
Offline / Send Message
Fweddy vertex

Hey all!

I guess I should start by saying that I’m quite the amateur when it comes to 3D. I’ve always wanted to learn how to create characters and mechs, but I’ve always had this block that kinda makes me afraid to make crap, but we all have to start somewhere eh?

Anyway, I’ve decided to show some of my stuff, maybe get some feedback and pointers on how I can improve my craft.

Up first is a character I made for school. The assignment had us create a “simple” robot character that we were supposed to rig. I decided I wanted to go a bit more complicated to try to challenge myself.

The concept I used was found right here on polycount, it was created by sp0nge  and can be found here.

Here are a few screen shots of the character

The areas that I do not like are the hips (especially the area where the spine connects), the hands and the back of the head.

If I had more time, I would’ve put more effort on the spine, making it able to move in all directions.

The second piece I wanted to show was a chest sculpt I made. I started with a base mesh, then tried my best to create accurate anatomy from memory. As you can clearly tell, the back didn’t turn out too good, but I’m very proud of the front.

So give me your thoughts, where do you think I could use some improvements? Where should I turn my focus?

Thank you all for your time!