Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | PP-Bizon | Megacity Enforcer

null
Offline / Send Message
Locus7 null
Hello everyone. Two firsts here - my first Polycount Post (been lurking for years) and first CS:GO Skin! 70s-80s scifi is right up my alley, and I've been meaning to make some Steam Workshop stuff for a while.

Anyway, I thought I'd tackle the Bizon (and a lower-tier skin) for my first attempt. This one is less a specific reference, and more of a style present in 1980s movie props. As you can see, my two main references were the Ghostbuster's Ghost Trap, and Robocop's ED-209. This non-sleek industrial style featuring black panels and brushed steel can also be see in the stock Delorean.

My main goal is to end up with a Bizon re-skin that looks like it came right out of a near-future dystopian 1980s action movie. Something that would look at home in the hands of police, oppressive government enforcers, or cyberpunk criminals. I'm going to try to keep things somewhat subtle due to the Mil-Spec level request for the Bizon. So far, I've gotten a base coat I'm happy with, and am currently doing concepts for more details to spice it up. Once that's finished, I'll set up the alpha channel so that wear patterns look good.

Replies

• flisky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    this is probably one of my favourites. so simple, but fits the brief without going cheesy sci fi.
  • Locus7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Locus7 null
    Thanks for the feedback. JoshuaG: I tried running a black and red wrapped wire under the metal plate above the trigger, but couldn't get something I was happy with. It's tough to do little 3D details on a flat surface when you can't control the specular map, let alone normals, etc.

Here's some of my concept overpaints:

I kind of like the magazine in the third image, but here's where I'm at now:

This is a complete fill of some percentage of gray in the alpha map, for wear. It looks pretty good at maximum levels, but some details get lost that shouldn't, and lower levels of wear are barely visible, so I need to do some spot-fixes and balancing.

Here are some other angles:

*edit* (Double-posted the previous image instead of this one, fixed)*

I'm getting a little bit sucked into fine-tuning the details, so I'm going to wrap this one up and try to do another skin before the deadline.
  • Locus7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Locus7 null
    I've gotten the wear levels to a point I'm happy with, and am going to go ahead and submit this one.

I was a bit too busy moving this month to make more entries, but I had a lot of fun, and have some ideas for future skins.

Submission images:

(Front Wear - GIF link here)

(Back Wear - GIF link here)

Texture/Alpha:

• Locus7
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Locus7 null
    I uploaded and submitted the skin!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693509580

Also added a comparison shot:

And the preview image: