Home Freelance Job Postings

[FILLED] Check out Gen games -Seeking Vegetation Environment Artists

i772
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
i772 polycounter lvl 7

Who we are: 

The team is currently 2 dedicated programmers (Could not make art to save our lives)

When we want to do it:

We're looking to push out a VR game in the next month and a half to two months. Currently 20% of the systems are done on the programming side and we officially start the project May 16th. 

What we want you to do:

We're looking for someone who can create the environment for our game, since we're not ones to constantly need to direct you, a lot of your creativity will be able to show. 

Applying artists should have experience in Z-brush or a simmilar modeling application or houdini if they currently have a vegetation system.

What we need from you: 

• We're only looking for a modeler, we have another texture artst working on texturing, there will be no need for you to texture assets. 
  • They would have to understand the environment that they are creating and focus on detail. The reason being we are building this for the virtual reality 'Vive VR' - this is extremely important. 

• The project itself deals with a lot of organics and there are 5 stages to each plant you will also have to have a system for each plant to grow starting from Seed, Seedling, Bud, Flower, Mature.
  • I am not one to micro manage we're looking for individuals who are able to be given a task and come back with assets that fit with the style and what we needed. I am not looking to direct you in what you do, or watch over you and tell you how to do things. Because I am a programmer we need people who can take the role of leads, people who can be trusted in doing their own things.
  • and it goes without saying that we need you to understand low polly is key for this development since it's a VR game. 

Each assets will purchased for around $5 CAD  (We're a start up, we're not yet made of money) If there is a larger asset that took a long time we will up the price. We are also willing to work out a profit share if that's what you would rather have. 

We're pushing for the 'Croods' art style Some concept ideas: