Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Sunset City (WIP)

Inspired by the bright neon lights of the city and the vibrant colors featured in many 70s and 80s sci-fi films, I constructed this skin idea. 

This is how it looks like so far. Basically just an M4A4 Fade at this point. Will be adding the skyline buildings to the lower section of the gun.

Here is the UV layer so far. A lot left to fill out and still have to work on the building design. Will update with that image later.

Replies

• passionite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update 1: Got the shape of the buildings down. Wasn't too sure how to make them 3D so I just went with 2D and added some depth with solid colors. Still have to cut out the windows. The gradient behind is to see how they will look on the clip.

• passionite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update 2: Got most of the windows down as well as fixed the lack of actual glow. I might end up toning it down because its a little too white but it might work. Going to have to cut the foreground buildings' windows through all of the other layers eventually. Not sure what method to use though.

• passionite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update 3: Windows done, time to apply it to the skin and figure out how to work around the bumps and curves.

• passionite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update 4: Left it for awhile to really think about how I want it to look. Cleaned up the base skin layer and evened out the gradient. Applied the buildings and I think that the color scheme is a lil messed up with the black and light grey so I'm probably going to end up changing it.

The grey and black doesn't match very well. The buildings are also a bit flat for me.

Here the buildings fit the purple color scheme as well as a focal point is added. The red lines will soon become 3D buildings and hopefully tie in better with the skin. Going to add the space galaxy aspect of it after the buildings and the rest of the base layer of the skin are complete.

• passionite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Update 5: 3D buildings somewhat complete.

Added the space portion to the dark purple on the skin but will have to redo it when more purple is added to different parts. Just a rough idea for now though.