Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Art Dump] Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth (Image heavy)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Agilethief polycounter lvl 9

G’day guys,

I love all the art dumps I see here on Polycount and they have certainly helped me out.

For the past three years I have been working on Warden: Melody of the Undergrowth and I’d like to give my own art dump back in return.

Warden is a third person action adventure game harkening back to the days of the N64 games such as Ocarina of Time and Banjo Kazooie, mixed with a slower more deliberate combat inspired by Dark Souls and finally with a Wind waker aesthetic.

Check it out on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/338310/

I am Timothy Bermanseder, 23, Primarily a technical artist but the Indie studio size has kinda forced me to wear almost all the art hats. In addition I am responsible for the design and implementation of levels and characters.  

We were a tiny core team of three with myself doing about 99% of all the visuals, from character models to shaders to level design, however we have a dedicated Programmer and Animator filling out the team.

Big thanks to Rob our animator who helped fill out a bunch of the levels in the later stage of development.

Helping the team part time was a writer and a second programmer.

We used Unity as our game engine, I did 90% of the modeling in Blender with some Zbrush for High polys when I needed them and 3D coat for retopology. I baked maps with Xnormal and did the majority of texturing with Photoshop.

All of the renders were done in Unity 5.3.

Happy to answer any questions you guys might have :)  

Or shoot me a message.

Email: Tim@Cardboardkeep.com

Twitter: @AgileTim

Characters:

Environments:

Weapons:

Props:

Level Textures:

Cheers for checking it all out.