Home Technical Talk

UE4 Blueprint: Select color of attached object. Please help!

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Lexinator117 polycounter lvl 4
So, to be brief, i've got this hyperstylized low poly game project in the works, and i have these warriors, with selectable weapons (Axes Clubs and Swords), levels (size), and teams (colors), in the form of intergers in the character blueprint.
I'm sure that the overall angle ive approached this from could be improved but it is my first real project so i'm figuring it out as i go. As it stands the weapons do not change color along with the Skeletal mesh, I tested a few different ways a while back but couldn't figure it out. so i just stripped it back not leave their color alone and the team and weapon selection parts look like this:
So the Team Selector controls tags and the material of the Skeletal mesh (team 2 is the default color). the weapon selector for the warrior controls the attached actor and the corresponding damage buff. What I need to do is somehow access and set the material a variable weapon actor.

I hope one of you Unreal wizards out there has a grand idea for me, Thanks in advance to any of you out there!