Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | AWP Hell Gate

vertex
Offline / Send Message
Paul_Cupald vertex

Salut everyone! I want to sincerely thank you for viewing my submission. Its a SCI-FI weapon this time AWP Hell Gate!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
About my work
About the idea
The main idea was to create a cool sci-fi sniper refile that have many details but still not being over detailed skin. I was aiming to work with two major colors and third that supporting them, At first I was sure those colors will be grey/Dark grey with blue supporting them but then after viewing a cool weapon with a better color scheme in my personal opinion I decided to change the dark grey into very dark blue and the color blue to an orange color, And I think it went pretty well. The only thing I am sorry about is that I could not take great ingame pictures due to the fact that I am using a laptop without graphics card that could support and launch properly the game. That is also the reason some of the pictures looks awful. So I am sorry for that guys.

About the name
Well every cs:go player that respect himself knows that the AWP sniper rifle is best known for it to kill an enemy in a single hit unless it hits a leg. So I thought that Hell Gate is a pretty accurate name for that sort of gun. In my opinion that name fits really well the sci-fi theme (80's -90's sci-fi weapon names) and it also fits the reality due to the fact the AWP is a deadly one hit kill weapon and we assume the bullet will send the enemy to what is called "Hell".

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Inspiration & Sources
I used a number of sources and inspiration images. I'll share them with you now!

Here they are in one photo : http://i.imgur.com/021Qn1r.jpg
Work & Progress
In the GIF below you can see the very early stages and developments of the design

steam link:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688455168&searchtext:smile:
Final product: