Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Bizon - N.O.R.T. aka Pulse [WIP]

FUman
null
Offline / Send Message
FUman null
This is my first entry for the CS:GO contest. Fell free to visit my second skin MP9 - instaGUN

As you can see, the skin is inspired by the movie Tron.

First of all I started to draw on the model to see, wether it has the potential for a tron based skin or not.

After I managed to manage the UV-Maps from CS:GO and read a lot of Tutorials I resized the UV-Map to 8k. After increasing the size of the UV-Map it is now possible to draw directly onto the polygons and get a clean and nice outcome (since I didn't figure out another workflow yet, you are very welcome to give me some advise).

After drawing onto all of the needed poylgons I gave it a quick rendering with keyshot to see where work is needed. In my opionion the skin came out quite nice. I like the lines and the overall cleanness of the skin (tell me what you think about it).

The next step will be the integration into the game. I allready figured out how to import the skin and how to get it into the workbench. What I still don't know is, how I will get the bluelines to be shiny and the blackpart to be glossy. Right know it is way to matte, maybe you guys know how to do it?

Replies

• IgnasFTW
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IgnasFTW null
    Nice details, maybe add something more because it's too dark.
  • FUman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FUman null
    IgnasFTW said:
    Nice details, maybe add something more because it's too dark.
    Thank you for the feedback. I worked on a material mix and additional details, will update in a moment!
  • FUman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FUman null
    So I started to work on the material, since the whole black thing looks nice but way to dark. I felt that a dark and light metal mix would be the best choice for the skin. For me it feels like the grip needs some love, but I honestly can't think of a way to implement a nice pattern without distroying the clean look. Tell me what you think!

After checking the new outcome I was determined to see how it would look ingame. Since it was my intention to use GunSmith as a finish I started to play around with the patina effect which suits the skin very well. I just need to figure out, how to make a High-Res screenshot of the workbench.

Also the UV-Map changed a lot during the process.

• Nolt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nolt polycounter lvl 13
    Looking nice so far. I think maybe you need some details with the blue light here and there. Most of the lines are following the contours of the image but I think you can add some extra details elsewhere. Kind of like the chest V marks in your reference image.
  • FUman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FUman null
    9thKnight said:
    Looking nice so far. I think maybe you need some details with the blue light here and there. Most of the lines are following the contours of the image but I think you can add some extra details elsewhere. Kind of like the chest V marks in your reference image.
    Thanks 9thknight. I definitley consider to add some blue highlights. The problem is that I am pretty much stuck in process. It's not the kind of work I am normally doing. I would love to work with z-brush, but am unsure how to convert the normals as texturemap. That would make erverything a bit easier :D . Anyway, I will give it a 2D try!
  • EminentSun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    EminentSun polycounter lvl 5
    I love this finish, but the ssg and famas pulse are already in the game so I would highly advise finding a new name for the sake of getting into the game. But believe me I will be the first person to buy this when it gets added.
  • FUman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FUman null
    I just gave it a fresh name and am working on additional details. Just for a break I started a second skin. I will post the link here later.
  • FUman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FUman null
    So I am currently trying to get the Tron look with all the lines onto the gun. I was also thinking about patterns for the magazine and stock.

• FUman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    FUman null
    Thats where I am right now. Feedback is more than welcome.