Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Desert Eagle - Vicy (TBD)

Funjoyhow
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Funjoyhow polycounter lvl 4
Hello everyone!

This is my WIP post for the cs-go skin contest. 
So firstly, the skin is inspired by the movies "Back to Future" (1985) and "Tron" (1982). The first idea was to have the handle in pink, to give it a crazy look. In the final product, I chose to remove all pink parts and to make those part into a bluish color. 

The neon lines are simple white rectangles, ellipses and paths with a blue soft glow, set to screen, about 80% opacity, soft technique, a spread of 15 and size about 6. All neon lines are made by this technique, some parts have been adjusted due to irregular pixels. The background of this part is supposed to look a bit cleaner, so I only added a texture layer (ref picture: 588854-2880x1620) set to overlay and a Hue/Saturation layer set to +100 saturation. 

Every blue background of the skin is made by a purple color (#201b57) plus as an overlay a star dust picture (ref picture: photo-1456154875099-97a3a56074d3), which is set to overlay, but also a simple stripes pattern made by myself is on top of these layers, also set to overlay. This stripe pattern is made by rectangles, copied multiple times and then I added a distort effect on it. On top of that is a Hue/Saturation layer with +100 saturation and a Photo Filter with the Cooling Filter (80) and density 32%. Of course I adjusted these settings to some other layers to improve the outcome, but these are the rough settings.

For the reload thingy on the back of the gun, I simply made a gradient, then adjusted them in the right direction. The lower part is just a dark purple.

The trigger parts are mainly made in the blue color again, same method, and the trigger itself is a gradient, like the one I used for the reload thingy (Gradient: #f70000 to #cad02d).

The side part thingy is made in red, same adjustment layers like for the blue ones. The saturation is set to +100, Hue is set to +16 and the Photo Filter is set to a Warming Filter (85) with 78% Density.

The magazine lower part is in blue again, same method as above, and the magazine sides are in a gradient, same as I used above, with an overlay texture again (ref picture: 588854-2880x1620). It is set to 50% opacity, and below that is the stripes pattern again, which is set to Divide.

Screws can be skipped, since they can not be changed apparently.

The part from below is mainly in blue again, apart from the red segments. They have a scratched metal texture as overlay (ref picture: metal_background_scratches_surface_18408_3840x2400).

The very front side and the texture from above is in blue only, same method, as you expected.

The side texture is made by the neon lines, the blue background, and these vent like stuff. They were made by the pathtool and then filled with a random color. The color overlay was then set to a gradient, my basic one, and a stroke was added as well. Size 4, basic black and white gradient, going in the inside and 90° degrees.

This part has been done like the one above, just that the arrows were made by triangles. Settings of the gradient overlay were set to a Hard Light, with my basic gradient, and zero degrees.

The handhold part is also made by the blue background, neon lines and a simple text. The font of the text is the "Blade Runner Movie Font", which can be found here: http://www.dafont.com/de/blade-runner.font . It is 100% free according to the author.

On the upper side part, the font of the text is called "Johnny Fever", which can be found here: http://www.dafont.com/de/johnny-fever.font . It is also 100% free according to the author. 

The other parts of the handhold are in blue (same method as above) and other gradient colors. To adjust the side part with the back side of the handhold, I used the same colors as from the side part. For that I just had to know where the side part holes are. 

For the specific handhold texture, the background is made from a purple colors and a path filled with my basic gradient for this skin. On top of these layers is my stripes pattern again, set to Divide, above that is a Hue/Saturation layer, which is set to +100 saturation, and a Photo Filer with the Warming Filter (85) and a Density of 74%.

This has been done like above, just that these rectangles have a gradient stroke on them. The Size is 2, the position set to center, and the gradient is a simple black and white one with 90° degrees.

The last reload thingy is mainly in blue, same method, and the reload thing itself is a gradient again. Same gradient as used for the other parts.

Uses Textures for Overlays (100% free, but I dont have the source anymore):

I hope I did not forget anything, this is a rough overview of the whole skin.
Give me feedback please and suggest me a name. :)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=681739295

Goodbye,
FunG

Replies