Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

M4A4 | Orbital Guard

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
EminentSun polycounter lvl 5
Before anything else I think it is important to say this is my first skin and essentially my first time using Photoshop, so this will more than likely end up being Sh*t. I also won't be sugar coating my experience so all progress is subject to change or reversal (I am a bit of a perfectionist)

I know it sounds stupid, but Roman sci-fi was actually a thing:

But I love the purple and gold style (I know its from civilization):

Replies

• EminentSun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    So first update I have begun some of the basic design, I have very little time on my hands so I will be moving significantly slower than other people in this competition, but bear with me.

First step I Played with colors in the workbench to get an idea for the base.

Next introduced a solid-ish purple to the main area of the weapons, I do however feel that it needs some more variation. (Yes I realize that's my desktop; I don't have time for cropping)

While it is still really early on I would love to hear suggestions about what I can do to improve the weapon.

• EminentSun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Last update for today. I've made a new pattern for the base of the gun, It may need to have the colors changed so that the variance is a little more obvious on the weapon, but It looks much better than before.

Up next for tomorrow: Finish stock and barrel, clean up center, design Greek style gold leaf for detail. Oh boy this is going to be my whole weekend isn't it.
  • EminentSun
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quick update for Fri... oh wait Its three am so quick Saturday update. I decided that since I will be adding gold detail later that the yellow lines would make the weapon to crowded:

Afterwords I finally imported something into CS, just to make sure the pattern looks good in game:

So yeah, now I'm going to take a five minute nap...