Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Desert Eagle - Biomachine

H. R. Giger was a pretty swell chap. His nightmarish renditions of both metal and flesh, merged into singular organisms from another world, always inspired me as an artist. That's why I decided to work in his footsteps, bringing his style forward into the world of CSGO!

Why is he relevant to this contest? He was responsible for the iconic alien imagery of the 1979 sci-fi horror classic movie 'Alien'. It was my first ever horror movie, and I absolutely adore the art style!

WIP:

For the time being, I have a quick rendition of what I'm trying to achieve. The main challenge will be getting organic structure to properly conform to the shape of the Deagle. However, I think that'll be the fun part.

The style I will be going for will be a hand-painted render, using Photoshop CS6. The color scheme will be duochromatic, ranging from a dark pale green on into bone white, similar to Giger's paint style. I think this color scheme will work in accord a Mil-Spec as I can focus on details, but the overall image will not have a 'flashy' appeal.

Current Issues: 
Finding a balance between the organic, repetitive  structure, and the machined, flat surfaces. I want the focal point of the art to be linear with the barrel, as we're dealing with THE hand cannon.

Key Features:
1. The barrel will sport a ribcage design, which will have smaller details shadowed underneath.
2. The slide will mostly be machined parts, but accented with some organic shapes. (Teeth?)
3. The ventrical sides of the slider will be openings, which reveal machine parts and mechanism, visible only from the side.
4. The handle will retain less detail than the rest of the gun. However, a cutaway will revel the 'ammo', which, for now, I thought should be 'teeth' bullets. 

If you have any critiques or comments, I would love to hear them. I would really like input on the overall composition of the sketch, so I can make sure I have a proper balance among all the parts.

My artistic inspirations:

Replies