Home Technical Talk

Maya problem in UV editor

sygurd
null
Offline / Send Message
sygurd null
Hi guys.
I have a problem with the elements in UV editor.
I'm following tutorial on YT and didn't have any problems until I had to make some adjustments to those elements (just like the tutor). So what I'm doing - I open UV editor, select "shell" and click on the element that I previously prepared exactly like in the video. I want to move it and everything would be fine except the thing I can't. I want to move one particular element independently but it moves other elements as well. When I select the element (with shell) I can see that half of vertices in editor are highlighted. This is weird because I shouldn't see any vertices highlighted, only that piece I selected. I thought that I changed something during work but I checked other saves and it's all the same. I even restored settings to default.

Replies

• tkvtoons
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tkvtoons vertex
    It looks like you might have Soft Select turned on.

Select the Move Tool, go to the Tool Settings (either double click the tool in the sidebar or go to Window -> Settings/Preferences -> Tool Settings), scroll down to Soft Selection. There's a checkbox labeled Soft Select. If that is on, turn it off.

• sygurd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sygurd null
    I changed some options in different places, turned Maya off and on couple of times and everything started to work again. But honestly I don't know what brought it back. I didn't touch anything in tools options. I've never seen soft selection on my eyes before but I played with it a little and it looks like that was it. Maybe I pressed some hot keys related to this. Anyway thanks for the help. Smarter every day.
  • tkvtoons
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tkvtoons vertex
    Just in case, the hotkey for soft selection is "b".