Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO | Desert Eagle Jurassic

Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Desert Eagle | Jurassic
http//steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675847518

"Challenge your opponents with the Desert Eagle custom painted with the terrifying figure of the ancient Tyrannosaurus Rex and as the T-Rex was King of the Lizards, become King of the Battlefield!"

The DE | Jurassic pulls off a dinosaur themed skin that is, still to this day, an extremely popular science fiction theme. While an 'alive' Rex may look terrifying I wanted to go with the skeleton of a rex instead and found it to look much nicer as a gun skin. I had gone through different colour options, darker, lighter, blue, green, brown, but none of the others really sort of matched for a colour scheme so I ended up with grey, darker grey and red.

WIP Animation of the creation of the T-rex graphic.

The Pattern on the grip was hand-drawn and turned into a seamless pattern in Photoshop then applied over the grip. The default leather texture applied on the DE in-game makes it stand out even nicer.

As for the gun itself, a faint/faded "stripe" pattern is applied over the grey, dark grey and red across all areas that don't have the rex or claw marks. Finally the black rex skull insignia was the finishing touches, complimenting the original insignia on the DE in-game with a custom one on this skin that doesn't overlay the main rex skull graphic like the default in-game one does (that is not clearly visible on this skin).

Red tips on the ironsights (above rex graphic) were added to match the red sight at the front of the gun. As said previously, playing with colours resulted in red still being the most suitable and matching colour, swamp-green being the next best.

http//steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675847518

P.S. I'm aware this skin was released pre-contest but seeing as it still fits the theme and was literally released less than 24 hours beforehand I thought this might still be accepted? If not I apologise I just thought it was still worth entering.