Home Contests & Challenges Archives CS:GO Weapon Finish Contest

PC-CSGO| AWP Keyboard Warrior [Done]

[Deleted User]
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
[Deleted User] polycounter lvl 2
Hi! This is a WIP entry for the CSGO contest! Pics will be posted up as progress moves on but feedback is most welcomed! This is my first attempt at making making a skin or even at using photoshop for that matter so be patient with me blushbut constructive criticism is most welcome!

The skin is done! So i thought i'd just add it to the top of the thread so its easier for everyone to see :D

These are the references i used:

And here is the skin plus the texture sheet:

Its been a long learning experience making my first skin and although it started out tough, it was fun in the end  :)

Steam workshop link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684303594

Replies

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I will try to update this thread as much as I can!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Although it's nowhere near completion I just thought i'd get the ball rolling by showing what the main concept of the AWP will be (my reference is the original Tron film). Feedback will be very much appreciated :)

• Relic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Make sure you paint the scope to match the base color of the body. Black skin + Green scope looks a little funny. Also, try moving your center line up so that it sits above the screw holes. Other than that you're off to a good start, best of luck :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the advise! I went back to the drawing board and decided that a black AWP is quite unoriginal and decided to scrap the previous idea. Although i'm still drawing some inspiration from Tron, i've decided to also draw some inspiration for the old 1980's grid patterns i found while looking for references. Decided to put up a WIP to show what it looks like now (ignore the lack of paint on the awp i just want to get some feedback for the main concept since rest of the awp like the scope and trigger will have the same colour accents as the main uniform body) 

Edit: I realise the text is abit off, i need to move it slightly more to the left so it sits in between the two bolts, but exams are coming and i can only get so much done in the time allotted. Thanks in advance for feedback :)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Update: Removed the black on the body so its all grid now, added the scope and brightened up the entire AWP. Still not done but almost there! If you guys have any suggestions please feel free to add them! :blush:

• Snort77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think is shoud be a little brighter it seems kinda dark

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! Didn't realise how dark it actually was, will definitely make it brighter.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Welp, its technically complete! If there are any more suggestions before i publish this onto Steam now is the time to say them! Would love the feedback since this is my first skin and it's all a learning process :smiley:  

Btw does it still look to dark? 

UPDATE: I'll be removing those little rings on the barrel i just notice how beat up they are. Might move it to the nozzle of the gun as a grid pattern but we'll see how it goes.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

Guys i would really appreciate some feedback on this since i'm not too sure myself :confounded: 

Do you guys prefer the 1st AWP or the 2nd? Or maybe just something in-between? (ignore the rings on the barrel of the gun in the second pictures they're not going to be in the final design just focus on the brightness of the gun) Thanks in advance!
  • Topier
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Topier null
    For the second one: maybe you should try to use a different spray method? The grid in the background needs to be sharper, maybe add a vertical color gradient to it?
    First one: make a sketch first to get a better idea of where you want to go with it.

(you can always try to apply the skin to a different weapon)

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Topier said:
    For the second one: maybe you should try to use a different spray method? The grid in the background needs to be sharper, maybe add a vertical color gradient to it?
    First one: make a sketch first to get a better idea of where you want to go with it.

(you can always try to apply the skin to a different weapon)

My settings are abit low but i tried to sharpen the grid lines abit more like you said! You can see them slightly better now up close :smiley: And i also realised the spray method does make a huge difference in term of finish! Thanks for that!

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just wanted to say the skin is done and i've posted it up on the workshop! References and texture sheets can be found on the pinned post up top.

Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=684303594

Thanks in advance for your support :smiley: