Hi, i did run cycle and want some critique ;) pls help

https://youtu.be/7XbKFCHt7ws

Replies

• AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Nice walk, you have a solid foundation.

For some reason, it feels like the feet are kicking down too much. When the feet go forward, they seem to snap down too much. Play with the spacing and see if you can get a smoother motion.

It seems like the character is putting a lot of effort into the run but it kind of seems like its struggling a little bit, you know. I would expect the run to be a bit faster considering how much arm pumping there is. If you like the speed, try reducing the up and down and see if it helps. I think it will help if the feet come more forward, right now, I think they drop down too early.

Get some tilt in the hips, so that the hip raises when the character takes the weight. Same with the chest, get some tilt in the chest, not a lot but a squeeze in the body. If you're not sure what I'm saying, let me know, I'm assuming you know about weight shifts on the chest/hips.

I would reduce the side to side tilting of the head and add a little up and down.

I think there is a hint of the chest leading the arm pumping but you could probably push this more.

Good stuff, perhaps make the cycle longer next time or use syncsketch. It takes a while for me to figure out what I'm looking at. :)
  • crocoraffe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    crocoraffe null
    Thanks for advice! :)
  • Snollygoster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snollygoster vertex
    You should try to add more dynamism when it comes to moving shoulders, chest and hips. It feels too rigid in that sense but the timing and motion in general is really good! That's a nice rig you're using there. You made it yourself?