Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Paper World animation

Anthonyy
null
Offline / Send Message
Anthonyy null

This is a stylised paper world animation showing a concrete mixer traveling through the unfolding world it helped to create. Produced using 3dsmax and Vray. Animated using many offset keys, path constraints , multiple bend modifiers, slices and visibility tracks. Please share, enjoy and ask questions.

Music track is "show me" from joshwoodward.com
Font is Origram from behance.net/gallery/2818175/ORIGRAM-Free-Font

Replies

• Connecta
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Connecta polycounter lvl 7
    Nice work:) Inspired by the Paper-City short (https://vimeo.com/67658001)?
    The thing that stood out the most for me was that the big building-type (skyscrapers?) didn't have any spawn-animations - they just rise from the ground.
  • Anthonyy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anthonyy null
    Thanks Connecta.
    You're right maybe the skyscrapers could have had grown up or for a slightly comic value they could have inflated and the windows could then pop back.
    I actually produced this as an example for a potential client, so I am guessing he must have see the Paper City Short as I have only seen it a few days ago that said I can't deny its influence thats a really nice piece :-)
    Given more time I would have liked to have done development work on different paper forms and unfolding/forming motions. I am hoping to revisit this style in the future and try something more sophisticated perhaps using 3dsmax MCG to do more of the leg work.