Home Technical Talk

how to move your maya 2015 customizations to maya 2016?

greentooth
Offline / Send Message
demigodssw greentooth
Hi guys,
I am trying to switch from maya 2015 to 2016 but cant find a proper solution to move my maya 2015 hotkeys and shelves to maya 2016, if u guys got a soluton please telll me 

Replies

• pasha_sevez
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pasha_sevez polycounter lvl 13
    When you run new Maya for the first time it asks you whether to create new default config or migrate existing config from previous version. So just delete 2016 config folder and run over again and choose migraton option.
  • demigodssw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demigodssw greentooth
    When you run new Maya for the first time it asks you whether to create new default config or migrate existing config from previous version. So just delete 2016 config folder and run over again and choose migraton option.
    thank you pasha u r the best :) some of the plugins r not showing up thought I think will just have to manually do that.
  • m4dcow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    m4dcow interpolator
    For different versions of Maya different plugin versions need to be compiled. So scripts should work fine, but you should just re install plugins.
  • demigodssw
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demigodssw greentooth
    m4dcow said:
    For different versions of Maya different plugin versions need to be compiled. So scripts should work fine, but you should just re install plugins.
    yeah i had to reinstallll most of my plugins