Home Technical Talk

UV Layout Maya

Nerono
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Nerono polycounter lvl 5
Using maya 2016, and UV Layout 2.09, when I send my uvs back to maya they just mess up, any help?

Replies

• Add3r
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Add3r polycounter lvl 11
    How are you "sending them back"?  I save my UV'd object as an OBJ through the UV Layout save window, and then just drag and drop the OBJ into my open maya project's ortho viewport.  I am using 2016 as well. 

Question most likely belongs in the Technical Talk section as well, but nonetheless, try the method I described above and see if that helps (If that isn't what you are doing already).  
  • Nerono
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nerono polycounter lvl 5
    Add3r said:
    How are you "sending them back"?  I save my UV'd object as an OBJ through the UV Layout save window, and then just drag and drop the OBJ into my open maya project's ortho viewport.  I am using 2016 as well. 

Question most likely belongs in the Technical Talk section as well, but nonetheless, try the method I described above and see if that helps (If that isn't what you are doing already).  
    Thank you very much, I used to import it as an uvl, expecting it to go straight into maya but this way fixed my problem, thank you!!