Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Final Year Project Animation

BenEdwards94
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
BenEdwards94 polycounter lvl 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1YzlPKwm0I

Hey everyone! See what you all think of this. I know there are many things to fix but this is what I handed in before deadline since I ran out of time :)

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    Funny shots :)! liked the last one the most.

Overall the whole animation looks floaty , you should put more keys/manipulate more the movements of every part of the body and get better reference on them :). Also stronger anticipation on the actions.
    It would be awesome to change the fingers of her since they are in the default position the whole time ( just like a note , I know that you already know this hehehe)

Good luck and keep working !! looks awesome :)
    ps Join the challenge xD
  • Snollygoster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snollygoster vertex
    I'm no expert by any means but I feel that the animation felt a little unnatural when it came to your character movements and such. For example, the "breathing" motion for your female character was too exaggerated like you wanted us to force us to realize that she was a living breathing creature. Even though you could feel somewhat the weight on the characters, when it came time for them to move the timing was either too fast or too clunky and slow, I get this is related to how the characters are but I feel you could make it more subtle. Other thing that kind picked my interest is how the limbs weren't really mobile but apart from that it was funny in action and in concept. It's just a thing about refining some details :)