Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Custom Dynamask Painting Question / Issue ?

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
faceless polycounter lvl 2
I'm not sure if this is my fault due to a lack of understanding (it probably is) but when trying to paint custom mask details via dynamask paint mode - I'm getting strange results upon accepting / reloading the dynamask to add/adjust further details.   Since it's a little hard to explain I've taken the liberty of creating a youtube video showcasing my struggle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD2PzQ4gqsg

Any help/insight would be much appreciated.  

Also, rather than create another thread - I'm running into one more issue.  In following the Quixel DDO Painter for UE4: Master Materials tutorial on Youtube; the artist creates 4 seperate masks to define surface details (Grime/Cavity Dirt etc..) and then he selects those 4 masks and proceeds to right-click-->export masks, which should combine them into one composite texture with each mask in it's own channel (RGBA). 

When I try to export this way the resulting texture is just pure black without any of the associated mask information in the respective channels.  Not sure what I'm missing with this. 

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    Click Clear in 3DO before painting any details in it - if you're using 2.1.5, the details you paint need to be done in one pass. Opening DynaMask to 3D paint again will apply a global paint fill. We've fixed this issue with the soon-to-be-released patch that's in private testing right now. Sorry about the trouble there!