Home Featured Artwork

The Division - Level Art

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Pandator polycounter lvl 9
Hey everyone !

I would like to share with you a compilation of my work on The Division during the last year.
Hope you enjoy ! :)

More images on my Artstation :
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/JOEGv

Replies

• allengingrich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    allengingrich polycounter lvl 2
    Thanks! Beautiful.
  • Pandator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Synyster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synyster polycounter lvl 8
    Love it! Thanks for posting man!  <3
  • Pandator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the nice comment !
  • tonyblu331
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tonyblu331 polycounter lvl 5
    I need snowdrop so badly! Just PM! haha also how hard was to craft this stuff's?
  • Falkrum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Falkrum polycounter lvl 2
    Hey Pandator, amazing work with environment there!

Can you tell me on one question, was the part of your work is modeling, texturing and combine the scene with all those objects and buildings? Or it was are mostly like level design? 
  • Poseidon8734
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Poseidon8734 polycounter lvl 6
    Really nice work on the maps!
  • CodeferBlue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CodeferBlue polycounter lvl 7
    Sweet. What was the most difficult challenge of creating the art? Interested to know. :)
  • Pandator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks everyone for the comments !

I need snowdrop so badly! Just PM! haha also how hard was to craft this stuff's?
    Snowdrop is a big engine, not really friendly when you start the first time with all the options inside, but when you understand how the workflow works, you can create so easily.

Falkrum said:
    Hey Pandator, amazing work with environment there!

Can you tell me on one question, was the part of your work is modeling, texturing and combine the scene with all those objects and buildings? Or it was are mostly like level design? 
    Hi ! I didn't touch the modeling and texturing. So here it's level building, we are in charge to place environment.

Sweet. What was the most difficult challenge of creating the art? Interested to know. :)
    Really for me it was to work close with level designers. We don't have the same vision for an area, artistic on a side, gameplay on the other. So it's a really a challenge to create a place where the player can use cover without frustrations and just to have a look around because this tag is really awesome, for example ;)
  • 3dlix
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Pandator. First, the atmosphere & love for the details are great in the game! Fantastic environment art in every corner! I have a question for you: How many environment artist worked for the project? And how are they organized at the studio? I mean are they split in modeling/texturing combos, like at Naughty Dog, or are you responsible from start to implementation for Assets and Level areas? Thanks. 
  • Pandator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi ! Thanks ;)
    For your questions, I can't really explain the workflow, but just for my side it's principally level building propping area with buildings/FX/props/light and working closer with level designer. Sometimes we need to create or integrate some props and textures, but it's few percentage of timework. You can find some of my colleagues from the props team on artstation sharing their works if you want to have a better idea on how they do this for weapons or emblematic props in game. 
    And, for the four studios, we are around 30 - 35 enviro artist.
  • Thane-
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thane- polycounter lvl 3
    You guys did such a great job with The Division, i was just blown away at the detail, but also the quality of the details. Just the detail on the roads, with the snow/dirty snow here and there was really amazing. I can't play at the moment but i really can't wait to explore those maps. I have been watching this guy on youtube play in the meantime and keep shaking my head at how far you can see in the distance. Great level design.

Seriously, seriously hope they create an optional persistent DayZ style survival mode servers where you start with nothing but a can of beans and no can opener and have to look for food and tons of other RARE helpful items you need, with death meaning you completely lose everything. And zombies of course, dangerous ones though.
  • Pandator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Thane for your comment !
     I hope you will enjoy your exploration in NYC, and the next add we will add for the game ;) 
  • Vollgaser
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vollgaser polycounter lvl 7
    looks good, i like the advert billboard!
  • Blade113
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Blade113 polycounter lvl 8
  • Pandator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message