Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Spring\Rope dynamics on existing FK rig. Maya

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Nixellion polycounter lvl 7
Hey there!

I wonder if there is something even remotely close to something like 3ds max Spring Magic script, which is very useful when you need to quickly add secondary motion with ability to edit it later, and it can automatically loop the motion. Which is twice as useful for game dev animation, obviously. It i 

There is an implementaion of it on CreativeCrash by Yanbin Bai, but it only works with joint chains, I tried adapting it to work with a selection of any objects, no luck so far.

So,  the question is, is there any alternative for it?
The end result I want to get is something like this:
  1. Select FK controls in order
  2. Click a button
  3. Script creates everything it needs for simulation or generates animation by itself, bakes animation as keyframes and cleans everything up. 
  4. (Optional) It should also be able to loop generated animation itself
It should not break the rig hierarchy and basically work with any standart FK maya rig, which is made of a hierarchy of control objects with zero groups and maybe some other offset groups in between. It should also work based off the initial given pose.

It can basically be even a drag solution, not even spring.

Is there anything even remotely close to this?

I could try making something like that myself, building a temporary nHair sim, or calculating everything in script, or trying something with layers and expressions, but I don't want to waste time on it, if there is already made solution out there.

Thanks!

Replies